Friday, June 5, 2009

Favorite Places Revealed in "The Mysterious Name"

The countdown is on until the official release of Midnight Walk. I am really looking forward to this anthology's debut!

Within the pages of Midnight Walk my story, "The Mysterious Name," awaits you. This particular tale features a few of my favorite places: Victorian houses, antique stores, and vintage churches.

In such locales I find the kind of beauty that inspires me: the beauty of the rare, the ideal, the forgotten standard. To paraphrase Oscar Wilde, I have always loved to "cool my hands in the grey twilight of Gothic things." And in turn, these things fire my passion for themes weaving the past with the present.

Thus, the contemporary events of "The Mysterious Name" transpire in a setting reminding us of the past. And the question emerges: Where is our collective soul, and is it in a place we would like it to be?

On June 14th at 2 p.m., you can come see my Midnight Walk colleagues and me at another one of my favorite places: the Dark Delicacies bookstore in Burbank, California. If you have never been to Dark Delicacies, I encourage you to come in and experience it for yourself.

The store has a nice atmosphere, with background music and themed decorations. There are books and magazines galore, of course, but there are also DVDs, soundtracks, collectibles, greeting cards, and some super-cool Halloween goodies! I think there's a little something for everyone. It's the perfect place for a Midnight Walk—or an afternoon book signing. I'll look forward to seeing you there.

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy your own favorite places … wherever they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment